June 19, 2007

Milo's City Cafe (1325 NE Broadway St)

add to kirtsy

I had lunch with my friend Jen the other day at a lovely place on NE Broadway. Milo's City Cafe has a sign out front asking people to please not park in the parking lot next door, because a good meal and a tow truck are not a good combination. I loved that.

The menu had lots of delicious sounding items on it. I have been trying to eat better, so I stuck with a soup and a salad. Here's the problem: I ordered spinach salad. Which came with warm apple bacon vinaigrette and gorgonzola cheese. Oh and also the Hungarian Mushroom Soup, which was so delicious that I am certain it had a fair amount of cream in it. My lunch was so good and filling and probably clogging up my arteries. But at least I can say that I had salad for lunch. I don't have to tell them the actual amount of bacon that was in my "salad". That will be my own dirty little secret.

Milo's City Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read that it is actually good to have a LITTLE bit of fat with vegetables and fruits (mostly the orange and red ones) because it helps you absorb the nutrients. That might help with the justification a little. Looks yummy.

SteamyKitchen said...

lol...I do that too - order salad and soup but the HIGHEST CALORIE versions!
you should have just ordered the double cheeseburger with fries!