May 25, 2006

Aztec Willie and Joey Rose Taqueria (1501 NE Broadway St)

add to kirtsy




After attending a reading of Write Around Portland participants (if you've never heard of it, go to
www.writearound.org) and feeling uplifted, emotional, grateful, happy, sad and everything in between, I needed something that resembled comfort on a plate.

Aztec Willie and Joey Rose Taqueria on NE Broadway is casual: you order at the counter and take your food back to your table on a tray, cafeteria style. I ordered the Enchiladas con Carne. It was average Mexican food, except for one thing: the enchilada sauce was my mother's recipe. Well I don't know for sure that it was her recipe, but it sure tasted like my mother was in the kitchen using her culinary influence.

I also had a fantastic guava soda. I don't know if it was Mexican or not, but it was sweet and not 7-up or Coke, and was fizzy and fabulous.

Besides the fact that I got to eat my mom's enchiladas tonight, I got to hang out with my brother, which almost never happens. What more could I ask for?






Aztec Willie & Joey Rose Taqueria on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes been there it is so so and i have a hard time believing that the enchilda sauce was even close to mum's.